Follow me at: www.facebook.com/vinaytosh ,Twitter Handle: @vinaytosh
Twitter is an important medium of a personal as well as business brand building. It provides you an option to write teasers in 140 characters but you can propagate your blogs and articles using Twitter. In this article I will share five step strategies for getting traffic for your blog through twitter marketing.
Step 1: Create a bespoke Twitter theme for your Twitter profile that matches the branding of your website. This is of course optional, but it’s worth remembering how important it is to be consistent with your branding. Also take the time to make full use of the bio information – this is often where people try and find like-minded other people so rather than write full sentences use hash tags and keywords.
Step 2: Register your Twitter account details to the following Twitter directories:
Step 3: Create a blog/article that you can direct people to adding value. You want people to recommend the article by re-tweeting it so it it’s important it offers immense value and attracts a lot of interest. I can’t emphasis this enough – social media traffic is about providing value and the more value you give through your blog the better results you will get – this is how your content can really go viral too.
Step 4: Shorten your blog post URL using Stumble Upon’s shortner – http://su.pr.This powerful tool is very different from other URL shorteners because the sharing and likes that you get from other networks such as Facebook and Twitter helps your post rankings and exposure within Stumbleupon which has over 10 million members. To get the maximum benefit ensure you take the time to enter the correct key words/tags and description.
Step 5: Increase your Twitter followers by:
- Post your twitter link on signatures in forums, emails, your business card etc.
- Leverage your other social networks to gain followers, for example, promote on your Facebook Fan Pages your twitter account and vice versa
- . Post your twitter link on your blog, website, offline marketing material, social networks
- Find people in your niche and follow them
- Try to get on as many lists as possible
- Approach people who are in your targeted area and who have a large amount of followers and ask them to retweet your tweets (try to build a rapport with them before you bluntly just ask them)
- Introduce yourself to likeminded people
- Create competitions/contests
- Engage with your existing followers, start conversations, re-tweet others, they will then recommend you to their followers and re-tweet your tweets