Importance of communities is increasing in life of common man as well as marketers. Popularity of communities has created a virtual worlds were people are more frank in sharing their opinion about product, services, need and solutions.
Every marketer wants to harness the power of online community for client acquisition as well as product development. There are so many free and paid solutions available in market and a marketer can easily make a community around her product and service offerings. But apart from technologies and features there are some other dimension for community and those are participation and feasibility. Following are some of important points must be considered to make successful communities.
1. Set and manage clear business objectives for your community. Whether you want to collect customer response or you want to run a promotional campaign etc.
2. Implement a strategy a strategy in sync with your business objective.
3. Any initiative need sustained effort hence we should try to instill collaboration and feedback into the culture.
4. There is difference between data and information .We should make a mechanism for information management.
5. Integrate "social" throughout existing channels like CRM, Email Marketing, Recruitment and Sales etc and there should be metrics to measure the ROI as well.